You’ve bought an ERP system to ensure that your company runs more efficiently.
It probably cost you (your company) an arm and a leg to get it installed and up and running.
Now you need to realise some of that value back! So, how do you ensure you get true ROI (Return on Investment)?
Finding out how to get the best from any ERP installation, can be difficult and hard work.
Obviously, the best way to find out & learn is to speak to experts with the knowledge you require. However, sometimes finding them can be just as difficult and time consuming.
Even if you have these people within your organisation already, their knowledge may be a little rusty & not relevant to the current business initiatives.
So, what should you do?
A great way some people get answers to these challenges is to join a User Association, just like the one I attended at The Pullman Hotel in Eindhoven recently. Run by the M3UA.
The M3UA is the coming together of Infor solution users, particularly the Infor M3 community.
A user association is a gathering of likeminded individuals, who are there to ensure they are all getting the best out of their ERP.
On the day, Infor were in attendance and provided help and updates throughout. Also present was an eclectic mix of Vendors, with many different products and solutions on display.
The attendees were from a mix of companies ranging from Agricultural feeds to Textiles & Apparel. With their roles ranging from CIOs & Business Consultants to ERP specialists & IT Managers.
All of which were seeking knowledge and understanding for their next or current project.
The day was divided up into key Presentations & Knowledge sharing rooms, where attendees go to learn more about a specific topics or areas of interest.
Followed by regular breakout sessions (with refreshments supplied), where you can further discuss the topics presented with real people and companies that have actually gone through those challenges.
One such case study was presented by Richard Calder of Reynolds catering.
Richard explained that his ERP was so critical that if it was down for more than 30 minutes, it could mean the end of the organisation!!
If you missed it, please In-mail me to hear more about Richard’s story and I’ll arrange for you to have a copy of his presentation.
In general, the business challenges & issues that arose were mostly around Implementing, Upgrading & Patching their systems. Which seems to be similar across the enterprise, no matter what ERP you are running!
At the end of a very busy day, it was great to be part of the interaction and knowledge share. Knowing that if we’ve been able to help just one organisation out today, it was worthwhile.
My tips for customers attending these events are:
- Sticking around afterwards to talk to other users from different companies, can be immeasurably valuable! You may find they have the same challenges as you or maybe they’ve just completed a project similar to the one you are about to embark on.
- Visit as many of the supplier stands as possible. They might not have a product or service you require now, however it’s always good to expand your knowledge & contact base.
- Take a notepad. It’s alright using a tablet or mobile phone to make notes; however, this can seem a little rude & off putting for the presenter. You just can’t beat the old-fashioned scribble pad.
- Drink plenty of fluids. You’ll be surprised how dehydrated you can become just by chatting away to others.
- Here’s the BIG one….. Don’t be shy! Make an effort to talk to people around you, you may learn something & I’m sure you’ll have some stories to share too, so why not help others?
Established in 1997, Original Software specialise in Validation Software.
We are the creators of Code-Free automation and are seen as ‘Visionaries’ by Gartner.
Reliably number #1 in Business User Testing, particularly for SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Infor (M3), MS Dynamics & many more!
We have offices in the UK and North America & are best positioned to serve our (approx.) 500+ Clients in 38 Countries worldwide.
These include (but are not limited to), Pfizer, DHL, Coca-Cola, HSBC, Marston’s Plc, Edrington & Reynolds.