Welcome to the Software Testing Hall of Shame
Our selection of software testing 'nightmares'...
All of the companies in the stories below have suffered embarrassment and bad press that almost certainly could have been avoided with more efficient and thorough testing of their core business applications during the development and QA phases.
Bad press doesn't just mean embarrassment. It means lost confidence, loss of good will, lost opportunities and ultimately lost revenue - Something that no business needs.
Don't let your company's name get into damaging headlines like these.
Contact Original Software today about how you can revolutionise your approach to software development and quality assurance.
- Obamacare Website Malfunction – the Cost of Not Testing If there is anything that President Obama has learned in the last month, it’s the importance of software testing. The Healthcare.gov website, an insurance shopping site for the US government’s flagship health policy “Obamacare”, has repeatedly been dogged with problems. Glitches within the site have caused misery for tens of thousands of would-be insurance policy […]
- Wal-Mart website glitch offered up electronic bargain for shoppers US consumers took to social media en masse last week to broadcast an astounding deal they found on Walmart.com. A glitch on the retail giant’s e-commerce site saw a 24 inch high-definition Viewsonic computer monitor, an InFocus IN2124 digital projector and other products on sale for as little as $8.85, when their retail value is […]
- Windows 8.1 update glitch stops RT starting up Microsoft Surface RT gadget owners were left frustrated this week as the Windows 8.1 upgrade stopped their devices working properly. Customers also complained that the 8.1 update for Internet Explorer didn’t work with Outlook and other Google services. Microsoft put the onus on Google, saying that changes it had made to its search function were […]
- 5 Reasons why ignoring Software Quality could be your downfall Software failures are costing companies significant amounts of money and damage to their brand, people are losing jobs and in some cases their liberty because of avoidable software failures! Read our “5 Reasons Why Ignoring Software Quality Could Be Your Downfall2″ Times are tough. You know it, I know it, your competition knows it and […]
- Top 10 Software Failures of 2011 We came across an interesting blog this week. Its content gives the folks at Original Software a multiple number of examples that make it to our “Software Testing Hall of Shame” as 2011 draws to a close. Phil Codd, Managing Director at SQS, lists ten software failures, as voted by Consultants. We think it’s great […]