Careers with Original in the UK
UK Sales Executive with Manager Potential, Basingstoke, Hampshire
Original Software is a leading vendor of Application Quality Management and Test Automation systems with customers around the world and primary markets in North America and Western Europe. We have offices in Basingstoke UK and Chicago USA.
Our success has been based on the quality of our people and our product innovation in a competitive but growing market.
We wish to appoint an experienced and successful UK Sales Executive who will develop new enterprise level account business for Original Software products and services. They will join an enthusiastic expanding team based in Basingstoke. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate personal success and will have the potential to develop rapidly into the Sales Manager role. We are used to winning against the competition as well as turning-over accounts previously occupied by competitors.
- Sell market leading Application Quality Management and Automated Software Quality solutions in the UK.
- Develop and close new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership potential by example.
- Proactively engage key customer accounts. Provide a management-level point of contact for key customers. Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Maintain accurate and timely records in the company’s CRM application.
- Be responsible for the content and scope of own pipeline to support sales targets.
- Develop an understanding of the key sales messages and market needs.
- Remain aware and up-to-date on industry issues.
- Be a proactive networker to develop respected relationships at a senior level.
- Drive and manage sales cycles to a planned conclusion.
- Prepare quotations and senior level presentations.
- Work with colleagues and pre-sales consultants to achieve sales objectives.
- Educated to degree level
- Proven track record (minimum of 5 years) of selling complex software solutions into medium and large organisations. Able to handle deals with values in 100k to 500k range.
- Intelligent, passionate and hardworking with a Hunter attitude.
- Technology literate.
- Able to analyse, navigate and engage comfortably with key contacts and C & D level individuals. Able to open and expand new business opportunities.
- Able to capture and understand needs, marry these with technology and services into a solution and present an engaging vision of the solution.
- High standard written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft complex business proposals.
- Based within commuting distance of Basingstoke, Hampshire.
- Goal focused with a strong desire to be successful.
This role could suit a high achieving sales individual with a strong track record of success, looking to progress into a management role.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Operations, this position is based at our UK headquarters offices in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
Competitive Base salary, generous commission plan and benefits (healthcare, company pension scheme, life assurance, childcare vouchers)
Please email your CV with a cover letter for the attention of, Sue Armitage
Original Software is an equal opportunity employer.
With a world class record of innovation, Original Software offers a solution focused completely on the goal of effective quality management. By embracing the full spectrum of application quality management across a wide range of applications and environments, the company partners with customers and helps make quality a business imperative. Solutions include a quality management platform, manual testing, full test automation and test data management, all delivered with the control of business risk, cost, time and resources in mind.
More than 400 organisations operating in over 30 countries use Original Software solutions. Current users range from major multi-nationals to small software development shops, encompassing a wide range of industries, sectors and sizes. We are proud of our partnerships with the likes of Ageas, Barclays, Coca-Cola, DHL, Euronet, Fedex, GE Money, HSBC, Intuit, JP Morgan, KPMG, LV, Marstons, Pfizer, Skandia, Unilever and many others.